Candle Care Kit
Candle Care Kit
Once an overlooked factor – Candle care is an important aspect which improves the safety, regulates the burning time and prolongs a candle's life.
Our Candle Care Kits come with two important and functional tools:
- WICK TRIMMER Includes a beveled inside edge which allow for a clean cut every time. Cheaper wick trimmers on the market tend to chew through the wick rather than slice is clean – leaving it open for an uneven and potentially dangerous flame.
- CANDLE SNUFFER An essential candle accessory. The candle snuffer safely extinguishes the candle and removes the risk of blowing or spilling wax onto yourself or your furniture.
- CANDLE TRAY Made of polished stainless steel with rose gold coating, our rose gold tray is heavy, durable, scratch-resistant and rust-proof. Also doubles as a lovely jewellery tray.
SAVE when you purchase the candle care kit rather than the wick trimmer and snuffer separately.
Wick Trimmer Dimensions: 60mmW x 180mmL
Snuffer Dimensions: 24mmW x 190mmL (full length extended) //
NO "P's"! NO palm oil, petroleum, paraffin, phthalate or other nasty chemicals your family is breathing in. Soy is non-toxic and burns cleaner than other paraffin wax candles and are, therefore, far better for the environment and for you! Discover more about the Lys Coccinelle commitment to delivering quality candles here.
- Always read the safety instructions on the base of your candle or box
- Place candle on a heat-resistant surface or candle plate out of any drafts
- To create 'candle memory' ensure the first burn creates a melt pool almost to the edges. This will differ depending on candle container size & exterior factors but is usually 2 - 3hrs.
- Extinguishing your candle before the melt pool reaches the edge of the glass can cause a tunneling effect & ruin the longevity of your Lys Coccinelle candle.
- Trim the wick to 5mm before lighting every time to ensure your candle burns cleanly. Doing this with our specially designed wick trimmers will ensure no black soot from the wick falls into the wax. If the wick is left too long, the cotton wick will mushroom and cause smoking.
- Always extinguish your candle with a snuffer to reduce smoking and to ensure the lovely scent you have just experienced resides for longer.
- NEVER burn your candle further than 5mm from the base of the jar as the intense heat can cause the jar to crack or explode
- Follow our jar cleaning steps and order a candle refill or simply reuse and recycle our stunning jars around your home or office.